Theater Update

Theater Update

Ian Rogers, Contributor

The High School Theater Department’s production of The Diviners won 1st place at our regional competition hosted here at SCDS! After a full day of theater, at awards, our very own Daniel Bosch (Buddy) and Alex Kaminsky (Norma) won All-Star Actor and Actress, and Silas Johnson won Best overall Actor for his performance as C.C. Showers! 

Following our victorious regional competition, we had a two-week break, and then back to rehearsing to perfect our show for states. On Friday after school, we headed off to Alpharetta for our state competition. On the way for dinner, we stopped at The Hard Rock Cafe for dinner and watched our new favorite performer, Iain, sing for us. It was the show of a lifetime (you really just had to be there). Following Iain’s life-changing performance, we headed to our hotel and went to bed, ready for yet another day full of theater. The Diviners performed first thing in the morning and stayed for the rest of the day to witness all the other amazing shows such as Mary Poppins, Sweeney Todd, Into The Woods, and more. Around 9 pm it was finally time for awards! Yet again, Silas Johnson and Alex Kaminsky won All-Star Actor and Actress for our show! Congrats! We placed 3rd at the competition but later found out there was a miscount and we actually placed 4th. Yay!

Jumping straight into the next show, Fiddler On The Roof auditions were the week prior to Thanksgiving Break. All roles have been cast and our performances will be on February 23rd, 24th, and 25th at 7 pm. Put it on your calendar and be there!