The Buzz

The Student Magazine of Savannah Country Day School

The Buzz

The Buzz

Country Day Track

Being a part of the track team is all about speed, endurance, and teamwork. From the fast sprints to the long-distance runs, each member plays a crucial role in bringing victories and setting records. It’s a blend of individual dedication and group effort, where athletes push their limits and support each other to cross the finish line. Zoi Johnson who is a member of the track team says, “I love the way the track community thrives everyday of the week no matter the way the weather is or how far we have to run.” This quote captures the essence of their unwavering commitment. This past year, some members of the track team have accomplished many major goals such as breaking many school records. Cindy Murray, Ansley Chesire, Lily Barrow, and Aarya Patel broke the 4×800 meter record with an impressive time of 10:32.27. Andrew Wynn broke the 110 meter hurdle record with an astonishing time of 14.96 seconds along with the 300m hurdle record with a time of 40.98 seconds. Finally, Ray Ray Jackson broke the discus record with a distance of 168’9. Overall, this year’s track team has had a very successful season, and we send our luck to the few who will continue to sectionals and beyond! Go Hornets!