The Buzz

The Student Magazine of Savannah Country Day School

The Buzz

The Buzz

Mock Trial

Gold Team from Mock Trial won second in the region and advanced to the District Level on Saturday the 10th.

We played three rounds, the first beginning at 9:00 am, with our prosecution facing BC’s defense. It was a victory for us, where Mollie, Carter, and ME all gave top notch performances as witnesses, outwitting the opposing attorneys and securing significant amounts of points for the team. Henry, Theo, and I weren’t slacking either, and showed the judging panel that we were serious, cementing our win.

The second round had our defense going against Savannah Christian’s prosecution. With another win for Country Day, Emily, Marin, and Ellie ran verbal circles around the opposing attorneys, and performed excellently. Additionally, Parker, Daisy, and Selene all hit the nail on the head, and delivered their directs, crosses, and statements flawlessly to secure us a record of 2-0 going into the final round.

With the third round against Saint Andrews, our defense was chosen to go following a coin flip. As the top two teams in the region, our advancement was secure, although unfortunately following the tough round we were not able to place first. Still, everyone performed admirably and gave it their best, despite being exhausted given that they’d competed twice in a row. 

Awards received by Country Day Students:

4 Years – Henry, Jessica, Selene

Outstanding Attorney – Jessica, Selene

Outstanding Witness – Mollie, Emily, Caroline

The final teams advancing to districts are:

Saint Andrews

Country Day Gold Team

Cavalry

Veritas

Saint Vincent’s

Greenbriar

As number two seed in region 14A, we’ll be going against number one of 14B- Veritas- in the first round while Saint Andrews will be facing off against Saint Vincent’s. Next competition will be March 2nd at the Chatham County Courthouse.