The Buzz

The Student Magazine of Savannah Country Day School

The Buzz

The Buzz

Female Athlete of the Issue

Female Athlete of the Issue

Female Athlete of the Issue

Junior golf player Kate Barber has been an unstoppable force for the Hornets since joining the team freshman year. Kate started playing golf at the young age of seven, where she immediately fell in love with the sport and quickly began winning tournaments at just eight years old. Kate helped Country Day bring home the city championship title last year and finished second overall in the state, shooting an impressive score of 71. Some highlights in her career are winning Hope Valley Junior International, Publix International Invitational, and the Junior Honda Classic, resulting in her traveling to over twenty states in the country. When asked what made the sport so special, she said, “I love being able to travel and meet so many new people. The friendships I’ve made and the places I’ve been are the greatest aspects of tournament golf.” Recently, the golf star verbally committed to play at Auburn University in the fall of 2025, where she will advance with her remarkable career. Congratulations, Kate and War Eagle!