Letter From The Editor

Catherine Goodman, Editor-in-Chief

Dear SCDS Community, 

It is with great pride, and a little resistance, that I secede my place as Editor-In-Chief of the Buzz. I have no doubts about the capabilities of my successor, Julia McGoldrick, and the marvels she will accomplish. 

Before leaving, I would like to thank Mr. Day for trusting my vision and allowing me creative liberties with the complete digitalization of The Buzz. I could not have made the leap without his support. 

I would also like to thank both my staff and faculty advisor, Ms. Floyd. We are truly a team, and without my devoted and talented staff, there would simply be no Buzz. Likewise, without Ms. Floyd’s flexibility and graciousness, the Buzz meetings would have been held in my very own living room. 

Similarly, I would like to thank my right-hand man, Cole Gensheimer, for his late nights and diligent work, in tailoring the website to my visions. I severely lack such technological capabilities, and I know that without his work this year, the digital format would have been criminally underwhelming. The snowflakes were truly a game-changer. 

Last but certainly not least, I would like to thank my fellow students for being so receptive to change (although the cookies probably helped). I truly appreciate your openness to the new format and your willingness to hear my announcements three times a week. 

Over the past two years, The Buzz has become an integral part of my identity, and I have been so lucky to live in a community that valued and protected this interest. I am truly grateful. I cannot wait to see what the future holds. 

Sincerely, 

Catherine Goodman