Theatre Update

Laura Taylor, Contributor

We hope that everyone is getting excited for our first full-length musical since the start of COVID, Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella! While you might know the story from the Disney movie, this version includes a few additional characters, as well as insight into their wants and motivations. Cinderella (played by the wonderful Ansley Keaton) is a peasant who, despite all of the hardships in her life, values kindness above all and constantly puts others before herself. She takes what little she has and gives it to the less fortunate and remains kind and calm in the face of abuse from her stepmother and stepsisters. Prince Topher (played by Daniel Bosch), who is preparing to take the throne, is blissfully unaware of the economic hardships that plague his kingdom.  The story kicks off with the announcement of a royal ball, where the prince hopes to find his future bride. When Ella is unexpectedly given the opportunity to attend, she is thrown into a world where she knows nothing but her selflessness and sharp mind that will help her to navigate it. The ensemble has been working tirelessly on numbers such as “The Prince is Giving A Ball” and “Ten Minutes Ago” to make the show the best it can be. The show is a treat for the whole family, so we highly encourage everyone to come and enjoy our students’ hard work on this beautiful show!