Theatre Update

Theatre+Update

Laura Taylor, Contributor

After their win at regionals, the cast and crew of Beauty and the Beast travelled to Perry, Georgia to showcase their talents at state. Three days later was the first day of auditions for Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella! Cinderella is a well known story, but the musical version is a little different from the Disney version. Many of the familiar characters such as the fairy godmother, the stepsisters, and the prince are much more fleshed out in the musical version. The audience is given a much better idea of their backstories and their personal motivations throughout the beloved story. This is the first full length musical that we have been able to do since COVID, so this is a very exciting event and we hope that everyone will come out and support the upper school! 

Other goings on in the arts include the recent Fine Arts Night that included skits, The Lamp Shade Head and Stuck from the regular drama class, and some three minute plays in the advanced drama class that were written by our very own upper school students! Additionally there is an upcoming holiday concert featuring the orchestra as well as the lower, middle, and upper school chorus. It will include Christmas and Hanukkah music and some solos to accompany the big choral pieces. The Arts department is back on its feet after the tough year last year, and it is better than ever!